Terms & Conditions
- You are responsible for ensuring that your event/activity is conducted in accordance with relevant charities legislation and or regulations in the State or Territory in which the fundraising activity is being held, and you must obtain any permits, authorities, licences and insurances needed. This includes the conduct of raffles or prize draws. The different states have their own legislation, which you should review before committing to any fundraising event/activity. Please see the list of contact details for each governing state and territory offices (to note: this list is not exhaustive and there may be other agencies that you need to contact):
Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
Phone: 1800 064 848
Australian Capital Territory
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
Phone: 02 6207 0361
New South Wales
Liquor and Gaming NSW
Phone: 1300 024 720
Phone: 08 8999 1800
Consumer and Business Services
Phone: 131 882
Liquor and Gaming Branch representing the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission
Phone: 03 6777 2777
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Phone: 1300 182 457
Western Australia Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Gaming
Phone: 08 6551 4888
- You represent and warrant to RBWH Foundation that:
- you have and will maintain throughout the fundraising period, all licences, authorisations, consents, approvals and permits required by all applicable laws and regulations in order to undertake your fundraising event/activity; and
- you will comply with all laws, regulations, standards and industry codes applicable to the performance of those obligations, including without limitation the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Collections Act 1966 (Qld), Collections Regulations 2008 (Qld), Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Fundraising Institute of Australia's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct5. You must be registered with RBWH Foundation and have received our registration confirmation email before you start any fundraising.
- You agree that your participation in all activities associated with RBWH Foundation is voluntary, and that you alone are responsible for your health and safety and for any personal possessions you might bring to any activities you undertake for RBWH Foundation.
- You agree to seek medical advice before partaking in any physical activity and/or you acknowledge that you participate in chosen activities at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in your chosen activities. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation.
- You confirm that the events and activities you undertake for RBWH Foundation do not involve any illegal activity, violence, aggression or undue risk-taking. You are responsible for ensuring the safety of your events and activities, including the safety and security of your volunteers and personnel including, but not limited to, organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services, if required. You must provide a certificate of currency of such insurance upon request from RBWH Foundation. RBWH Foundation's insurance policy does not cover events conducted by fundraising participants and/or community fundraising events supporting RBWH Foundation and other external organisations/individuals.
- You release and indemnify RBWH Foundation, and any parties associated with RBWH Foundation and/or fundraising in support of RBWH Foundation, from any claims, loss or liability of any nature howsoever arising, that RBWH Foundation suffers or incurs. directly or indirectly (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) where the claim, loss or liability arises in connection with:
- a breach of your obligations under these terms and conditions; or
- any wilful misconduct, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you, including claims relating to:
- any injury to or death of any person caused by any act or omission by your or your officers, employees, agents or subcontractors; and
- any damage to real, tangible or intangible property caused by any act or omission by you or your officers, employees, agents or subcontractors.
- You accept sole responsibility in the organisation and management of activities, events, finances, prizes, publicity and/or goods and services required to run the event/activity.
- You are responsible to ensure that all funds raised from the public in support of RBWH Foundation until the fundraising event/activity is completed are kept by you in a secure place and/or are remitted to RBWH Foundation. You are further responsible to ensure that you maintain complete and accurate records of funds received and expenses incurred as part of your event/activity and that these are sent to the RBWH Foundation within seven (7) days of the fundraising event/activity taking place, and otherwise within two (2) days of receiving a written request from RBWH Foundation. Such records must include details of:
- all expenses incurred by you in connection with the fundraising event/activity including particulars of those expenses;
- gross income obtained by you as a result of the fundraising event/activity including particulars of all items of gross income received;
- all working papers and other such documents that are necessary to explain the methods and calculations by which accounts relating to the fundraising event/activity are made up;
- all invoices, receipts, donation forms and any other documents relating to the fundraising event/activity; and
- such other details which RBWH Foundation may notify to you in writing from time to time.
- You must not undertake any door-to-door, street sales or telephone-based approaches for donations to be made in connection with your fundraising/event activity.
- You agree that RBWH Foundation may use your name, the name of your fundraising event/activity and/or a description of your fundraising event/activity to:
- promote RBWH Foundation;
- refer to your association with RBWH Foundation; or
- comply with any obligations RBWH Foundation may have under applicable laws.14. You agree not to use the RBWH Foundation name or logo without the prior written authority from RBWH Foundation.
- You agree that any use of our trademarks, logos, text, images, name or any other branding must first be approved in writing by RBWH Foundation prior to print.
- You agree to speak to RBWH Foundation prior to undertaking any media activity which refers to RBWH Foundation and/or other events.
- You agree to contact and receive approval from RBWH Foundation before approaching organisations for sponsorship or support.
- If you have any prior or current criminal convictions, you must disclose these to RBWH Foundation before participating in fundraising for RBWH Foundation. Although these will not necessarily stop you from being able to support the RBWH Foundation, they will be taken into account in agreeing to your suitability as a participant.
- RBWH Foundation may at any time, without the need to give any reasons, withdraw your registration or your fundraising activity by notification in writing.
- By registering online to fundraise for RBWH Foundation, you are confirming that you are 18 years or over and consent to receiving marketing materials relating to broader RBWH Foundation communications and marketing material.
- Any person under the age of 18 conducting a fundraising event or activity must be appropriately supervised by an adult. Where a child is under the age of 12 he or she must only operate under the direct supervision of a parent or carer. We may refuse fundraising to any child under the age of 18 until we receive permission from their parent or guardian or school.
- Please send in written permission to email@example.com
- You agree to ensure children under the age of 16 collecting, handling or managing funds are under the supervision of a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Where you will have children assisting you with the event/activity or children are able to participate in the event/activity or it is reasonably foreseen that children may participate, you must obtain a Blue Card prior to commencing preparations for the event/activity and provide evidence of the currency of your Blue Card to RBWH Foundation.
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the RBWH Foundation website (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it.
- When using social media as part of fundraising for RBWH Foundation, the key principles to remember are:
- Be respectful: At all times, be polite and respect others online.
- Be accurate: Ensure that all content is accurate and not misleading.
- Be transparent: Expressly state on all postings which identify you as a fundraiser that stated views are your own and are not those of the RBWH Foundation
- You agree that when using the website and communication tools such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels it does not include any of the following unacceptable content of communications:
- Sexually explicit messages, images, jokes
- Offensive messages, images, jokes
- Unwelcome propositions, comments, requests
- Degrading material
- Any activity which may constitute intimidation, harassment, disparagement or bullying.